About us

Blackford C of E School is a Primary school at Blackford, just 2 miles north of Carlisle, not far from the border with Scotland. We are a rural school at the heart of the Blackford community with around 50 pupils from 4-11 years old. The school is next door to our church, St John the Baptist. We value our status as a church school but welcome pupils and families of all faiths or none.

The school was built around the 1830’s and has recently been extended and remodelled to provide: a new classroom and outdoor learning area for our Early Years and Key Stage 1 children;  a new main entrance and offices; a large library; and a staffroom.